Are you interested in an internship with us?
What you should bring:
- three to six months’ time (the internship can be full or part time, full time is preferable)
- be interested in the work of a political foundation affiliated with the Green movement and self-identify with the core values of the hbs. You do NOT have to be a party member, but you must identify yourself with green ideas!
- being enrolled in a university ideally studying for a post graduate degree.. The exact field of study does not matter as long as you yourself can relate it to the content of our work. .
- knowledge of Turkey or one of our four main areas: Ecology/climate, democracy and human rights, foreign and security policy, flight and migration.
- previous experience in development co-operation, foreign policy, etc. gained in internships, part-time jobs or voluntary work is a plus.
- basic IT knowledge (Office, Email, Internet - experience with graphic editing is an advantage).
- high personal responsibility, organizational talent and a good writing style.
- the ability to work with a team in a focused, committed and non-discriminatory manner
- a valid residence permit adequate for the internship
- fluent English and German, good Turkish is an advantage.
- resilience and awareness of the fact that the work takes place in a volatile political environment
- an idea for a small project (this can be an analysis paper on a topic, a small film etc.) that you want to realize independently in your time with us, but with our support.
We are offering you:
- The opportunity to get to know the work of a political foundation in its great diversity (developmental project work, foreign policy analysis and advisory, international dialogue).
- Concrete participation in one of our projects.
- Getting to know Turkish civil society and insights into the political situation in Turkey.
- Feedback on your performance and the opportunity to receive final career guidance in the field of international cooperation/foreign policy, if you wish so.
- Working in a great, committed team with flat hierarchies.
Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject internship + SURNAME. An application includes a CV, a short cover letter stating your motivation, the desired timeframe and a short outline of your project including a time schedule. Applyingthree to six months in advance is recommended. Our office is closed for a summer break from mid-July to mid-August.
The hbs strives for diversity and gender justice. We particularly encourage people who can help us to get closer to this goal to apply for this position!